2018 Speakers announced...
- Robert Thomson National Director, Care and Repair Scotland
- Paul Smith Director, Foundations
- Brian Sloan CEO, Age Scotland
- Dr Rachael Docking Centre for Ageing Better
- Sofia Iqbal Healthy Housing Hub, Derby City Council
- Grant Carson Glasgow centre for Inclusive Living
- Nicola Hanssen, ROAR - Connections for Life
- Annie Macrae, Energy Savings Trust
- Linda Morrow, Disabled Living Foundation
- Graeme Brown, Director of Shelter Scotland
- Alison McKean, Alzheimer Scotland
- Maureen Cameron/ Judith Leslie, Life Changes Trust Funded Dementia Services
- Alison Docherty/ Jill Pritchard, iHub Solutions for Change
2. Dementia Enablement Project:
affected by dementia and their unpaid carers for a three year period. At last year’s Conference, Judith from Angus and Maureen from Lochaber shared the background to the
project, its aims and outcomes and agreed to return in 2018 to update delegates on progress and share what they have learned during the first year of the project.
3. Derby Health and Housing HubPresenter: Safia Iqbal
The Healthy Housing Hub is trying to solve the increasing problem of avoidable hospital admissions along with improving quality of life for the people we help by making homes healthier.
DLF services include online resources for professionals and members of the public regarding aids, equipment and adaptations. We also provide accredited training in assessing individuals and their home for adaptations which will promote independence and manage risk.
This session will provide an overview of the services available and give delegates the opportunity to explore how DLF services can benefit their clients.
3. iHub – Housing Solutions for Change, Presenter: Alison Docherty and Jill Pritchard
This workshop will share the work from the strategic change initiative developed under the National Adapting for Change Programme. The workshop will:
1. Provide examples from Health and Social Care Partnerships, who have implemented/are implementing an early intervention housing solutions approach.
2. Share a range of training modules that have been developed to support Housing Solutions which encourages a strategic multi-partnership, integrated approach across Housing, Health and Social Care, and other relevant stakeholders